I've enjoyed reading everyone's end-of-year wraps up and goals met/not met, so I thought it would be fun to set some goals for myself for 2009.
1. Participate in at least one PatternReview.com sewing contest. I tried to enter one of these last summer, but apparently you have to be a member for 3 months before you can do so.
2. Make more day-to-day wear. In the past I've sewn mostly dressy/lined garments because those are the most expensive in the stores. I got a good start on this during the past 6 months.
3. Learn how to sew a nice pair of pants. Now I have made pants in the past, but have never been happy with the fit. I was resolved to make everything but pants for the past few years, however, there are several pants patterns I want to try this coming year.
4. Make more casual dresses - either knits or garments without linings that are easily washed.
5. Make at least one of the coats I planned for the 2008/2009 winter. With my new machine and the great coat buttonholes it makes, I really have no excuse.
6. Continue learning/perfecting my knitting skills. Complete at least one knitted garment every 2 months.
I guess I'll start small and see if I can get these all met. I was going to do a post about my favorites from this past year, but without my usual computer, I can't call up any of the saved pictures. Oh well.
I hope you all have a very Happy New Year!!!