Friday, November 13, 2009

Something was missing...

Look closely. Notice anything different?

After I finished this blouse and hung it in my closet, I found myself looking at it and thinking something wasn't quite right. It looked sad, if that makes any sense to you. Like it was missing something. I remembered one of the reasons I originally liked the design was for the sleeve tabs. (They had been left off because at 1 1/4" wide with a squared-off top, the small buttons I used didn't compliment the scale. They looked funny to me.) And then I got to thinking what a shame it was that the sleeve tabs didn't work out. Hmmm... What if I made them 7/8" wide instead? Perhaps with an angled top?

And with just the smallest of additions, I now love this blouse.

11 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! This is a very pretty blouse and I love what you did on the sleeves. Are you petite? I find I have to cut down details on all of my patterns due to my petite size. It's all about scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, too! (Althouh I liked it before, too.) Also love the earrings

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I went back to the first FO pic of this one and I agree that the tabs give it some extra spunk. You made a beautiful blouse even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed the fabulous earrings first - THEN the tabs. They both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great with the tabs. The colors are perfect for you. And those earrings are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the blouse. Very pretty fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always so inspired by the way that you keep on going with a garment and make changes and add extra touches until it is absolutely perfect. The blouse looks wonderful with the addition of the tabs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blouse, great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tabs! I am so impressed how you continue mulling over your creations and continue tweaking them until you get them perfect. I just usually get them finished enough and not touch them again even if I am not loving the results. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this blouse before. And the tabs make it even more interesting

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was great before and now it's perfect! Love the tabs!

    ReplyDelete