Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Butterick patterns are out!

I've been stalking the Butterick website for several weeks now, waiting for the new fall patterns. I have one word to sum it up: blah! More shapeless, plain clothing that looks the same as what we've all seen before. I found one pattern that I'll buy but save for next spring/summer:

I sort of like the green tunic on this one with those little gathered sleeve bottoms.


Everything else is so plain. No little details that I love to add. How disappointing! Although all the other big pattern companies produced the same disappointment with their fall lineup, I don't know why I was expecting any different from Butterick.

I just received my free August copy of Burda World of Fashion, which has about 5 designs I'm interested in, as well as some maternity patterns I might be able to use at a later time. I guess that will have to replace the patterns I usually buy from my local fabric stores.

3 comments:

  1. Since I'ma beginner, I'm always excited to see the new patterns come out. I completely agree with you about the Butterick Fall lineup. It seems like all of the companies are just tweaking previous patterns. I checked out Burda for the first time and love their patterns (or could it be the fabric choices). What is your favorite pattern company?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those!!! I like a lot of them.

    Just right click on the pattern pic and then save it! You can then upload it like a regular picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU Adrienne! I got so frustrated trying to figure out how to post the actual pictures. I figured it had to be a simple procedure, seeing as all the other bloggers I visit seem to be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete