I needed a top to wear under my new jacket, so in keeping with my resolution to not buy any ready-made garments for a year, I decided on this pattern. I already had the knit in my stash. Instead of tucks where the shoulder band meets the front bodice, I gathered that area. I also cut it a bit more fitted at the waist then the pattern is designed. The bottom band was a total accident. I forgot to add 1 1/2 inches to the bottom and it was too short. But I really like it and think it adds a little interest to the hemline.
Here on the side view you can see the little bust gathers.
I used bias tape around the neck and armholes. I'm glad I did because this knit has some cotton in it and the neck would have been totally stretched out by doing the 5/8" narrow hem that the pattern calls for. I had to redo the front bias tape once because I got it too loose the first time and had some gaping issues.
This is not something I would usually go for. I guess I might consider it too plain or too easy. However, I think I will be making a few more of these in the future. It turned out so cute and is very comfortable. Here's the pattern picture. I actually bought this pattern because I love the jacket and am planning to make it this winter.