I'm jumping on the fall vest bandwagon with this one. After 3 weeks on that black dress, I chose something in my stash that I knew I could sew up quickly. But I can't leave anything too simple, so I added brown piping to the whole thing. Some of you might have a lovely device known as a piping foot. I am not so fortunate. I have a very basic machine that I'll get around to upgrading one of these days. Anyway, all this piping just about gave me carpel tunnel in my left wrist. Ouch! I like the end result, though.
Now I did not measure the pattern myself nor make a muslin. Gasp! The measurement they give is just plain wrong. A size 10 is suppose to have a finished bust measurement of 36 1/2". This turned out way smaller. I had to move the buttons as far over as possible and it's still pretty snug. Not uncomfortable, though. I couldn't let the side seams out with all that piping I wasn't willing to redo. I'm living with the snugness. I had a little gaping problem between the first and second button that I took care of with two snaps.
Here you can see where I tapered the piping under the arm and at the side. I had to think about sequencing here again because it has a full lining and I like neat insides.
I also like the longer vest on this pattern with a long necklace. The shorts are nice as well, although I'm not sure cuffs at the thigh will be very flattering on me.