Hello! It has been a few weeks since I've posted anything because I've had several wadders in a row. However, this skirt turned out really well, probably because I made a muslin. Also because I really thought about the fabric and what it would look best as.
This Cynthia Rowley pattern has been languishing in my stash for some time. I bought it for view C, which is the view I made, but view B has really grown on me and I want to make it too. (Probably in the spring - the fabric I want to use is a pink and gray silk charmeuse.)
This fabric is a cotton suiting purchases from Fabricmartfabrics.com. I loved the kelly green color running through the grey plaid and first thought to do some sort of bias skirt. However, the plaid is rectangular and not square, and I was afraid on the bias it wouldn't be very pretty. Plus a recent wadder was a bias garment, and they intimidate me. This pattern seamed a better fit for the fabric, especially since it had no right or wrong side, a necessity for the cascading drape in the front. I plan to wear it with some other layers for fall and not just this green t-shirt.
I used my TNT contoured waistband from this pattern, and had no other fit issues. I also added a full lining since the fabric was a bit see-through and I want to wear it with tights. Matching the seams at the sides and back was fairly easy to do, and I cut the waistband on the bias to eliminate any need of matching seams there.Eugenia's invisible zipper technique to get a smooth edge at the top, and am happy to report that it worked like a charm. Thanks for posting that, Eugenia!