This pattern is now OOP, and I cannot figure out how to use the scanner, so I snapped a picture of it instead. Originally I purchased this pattern for the overlapping bottom ruffle view and tried to shorten it to knee length. Only I hadn't thought it through, so while the back of the ruffle was knee length, the front was super short. I made it several years before the blog, and used a cheap crepe-type fabric if memory serves. It was an all around wadder. But I kept the pattern because I liked the pleated version.
When the time came to cut it out, I was worried that the lack of front darts would cause the skirt to hang funny. It kind of pooches out under the waist on the pattern envelope example. So, I decided not to reinvent the wheel, and used McCall's 3830 (my TNT straight skirt pattern) for the top. This fabric is a medium weight polyester suiting from JoAnn's, purchased last fall. The faux leather vest I'm wearing was made last month.
Because it was a plaid, I decided to cut the pleated flounce on the bias. I cut the bias strips 6.5" wide and folded them along the outer edge so there would be no need to hem and possibly stretch out. I was going to make this an inch or so longer but couldn't because of fabric shortage.
There was no pleat at the side seams of the NewLook pattern piece, so I added extra length to include one. I used an invisible zipper along the side and cut the back of the skirt on a fold. The less need of matching plaids the better, IMO. This matching of plaids at the zipper was a pain. And I had to do it twice because when I first sewed up the skirt I made some miscalculation during cut out and it was 1.5" too big in the waist.
I used Bemberg rayon for the lining and wish I had made it 2" longer. It sometimes likes to creep up a tiny bit and gets caught on the top of the flounce seam. Although this pattern doesn't include a lining, it is super simple to add it in. Just cut the front and back in your lining fabric to the length you want it, and use the facing pattern pieces to cut fusible interfacing for the lining.
I am half way done with another skirt, this one a hot pink wool crepe. Look for that next weekend. I really need a camera with a remote control and a tripod!