Sunday, October 31, 2010

Costumes!

We really are not die-hard Halloween celebrators. I don't mind it if it stays fun, but I don't like super scary or evil things. Or trashy costumes, especially on little girls. Last year we went to our church's fall festival and I asked the boys if they wanted to wear some dress-up clothes. They said no, and that was fine with me. This year, things changed. They had definite ideas about costumes.

Nathan wanted to be a spider, and Daniel was content to wear some pirate dress-up clothes I made a few Christmas's ago, provided he received a genuine hat and eye patch to go with it.

Nathan was vexed he couldn't find a pattern for a spider in any of the pattern books. However, all I did was cut the arms out of really stiff felt and sew them into the side seams of a store-bought t-shirt. Then they were strung together and hung from his arms with skinny black elastic. The hood was made from some black polyester knit that's suppose to be part of a summer dress - (I hope I still have enough!) Justin got creative with the glue gun and added fangs and green eyeballs. That boy couldn't have been prouder of his costume!

17 comments:

  1. Great job on the outfits and I totally agree about the trach for girls and women to wear. Your little guys are perfect in their costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys look adorable in their outfits and I completely agree on your opinions of Halloween attire !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eles ficaram uma gracinha, afinal, tudo é diversão.
    Abraços

    Eilane - Brasil



    They were so cute, after all, everything is fun.
    Hugs

    Eilan - Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Good for Justin for getting in on the action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cute little guys! Even though we LOVE Halloween, I try to stay clear of the very scary myself and am not big on masks or violent costumes. good job, Mom! :)

    PS having my first blog giveaway if you'd like to stop by. thx!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the costumes. Very clever how you handled the spider.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boys looks so cute and just right for some Halloween fun. It's great that they chose what they wanted to dress as and that you delivered the perfect costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great! I should take a cue from you... I got ambitious this year and did very frilly, girly princess costumes for my girls. They were really cute, but they made me realize how much I truly hate tulle. I hope Rachel wants to be a bedsheet ghost when she gets big enough - for your sake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute boys you have! I hope you post a picture of your new baby girl sometime, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever, and especially clever that you managed to come up with two great costumes without spending too much time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the costumes! They look absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete