These went together very quickly. Probably because I made a muslin first and then these shorts so had the fit issues ironed out. I love these pants. I am going to have to restrain myself from making a closet full of them. No, I'd get too bored, so won't do that. But I'll definitely make them again.
These feel very RTW. After all my fiddling around with the crotch and inner leg seams on the gray pair (which ended up a little tight IMO), I simply used the cutting lines of the original pattern and scooped out 3/8" from the crotch. Oh, and added a bit to the waist sides, but I always have to do that.
I cut these out one piece at a time to match up the pinstripes on the front and rear and here at the sides. I barely had a wide enough piece of fabric to get it all in. Next time I'm buying a little more then the envelope calls for.
Another butt shot. Not because I'm that proud of my butt, but rather very happy with the way these fit. And also to show you the cute welt pockets. I omitted the loop and buttons this time around. I'll have to not walk in any puddles in these.
Here's the front fly. I wish I had looked back at my blog for the other pair as I'd wanted to extend the fly a little lower. However, I forgot completely about it.
This time I didn't use a contrasting color for the waist band. It's actually Ambiance that I interfaced and turned under at the seam line.
More Ambiance for the pocket linings:
Four down, six to go. As previously stated, I'll be taking a little break to make a new dress that's not brown or aqua. I spent all evening cutting out McCall's 5923, which I still have a bunch of cutting to do on. NOT EASY! Lining up all that plaid and bias sides is way more difficult then the actual sewing will be. It should go quickly when I finally get the laying out done.