Thanks for all the comments and suggestions for my recent dress fiasco. I have decided to save the bodice and replace the bottom with a straight black skirt in black wool crepe. BUT, I am totally sick of working on that project. So I did what I always do to cleanse my palate - make something easy out of a knit.
This fabric is a polyester knit from Gorgeousfabrics.com which was purchased several months ago. Y'all know by now my love of all things yellow, right? This is one crazy print, and I needed something simple so as not to cut it up too much. And with cowl necklines being so popular right now, I decided to jump on a current trend while it's still current.
I made a small because the finished bust measurement printed on the pattern was around 34". Well, it is A LOT bigger then that, which I'm okay with because it's suppose to be really loose. Probably you would not need an FBA if that is usually a concern. Also it is not nearly as blousey around the stomach area as the picture depicts. I still really love it, despite those small quibbles.
I did cut 1 1/2" off the bottom before I sewed the elastic casing. Also, I finished the back neckline with bias tape for a neater finish. The top has a tendency to pull towards the back a bit which throws the sleeve slits off the center of the shoulder. To remedy this I installed lingerie straps with snap closures and now it stays put.
Here at the shoulder you can see the back neckline finish and lingerie strap. This was my first time to make them and I'll definitely be doing it again - super easy!
I'm busy working on a simple yellow linen dress. Have a great rest of the weekend!