Here's my first dress of the year, a casual knit with long sleeves. I actually bought this pattern for design C with mock wrap neckline and wrap around ties. However, after matching the print of this dress at so many seams, I didn't have enough fabric left over for the ties. The fit is great right out of the envelope so I'll definitely be making it again.
This dress has pleats along the top bust area and under the midriff panel, which are great camouflage. I matched up the pattern along the center front from neckline to hem. This fabric is an ITY knit purchased from Denverfabrics.com some months ago. I keep stalking that site waiting for new knits to be posted. They haven't put up anything new in forever!
Here at the side you can see where I tried my best to match up the print. Not easy!
The back has a CB seam where I did more pattern matching. The sleeves also match up. Now you see why I had no fabric left over for ties. I omitted the back zipper as it's totally unnecessary.
The inside midriff panel was made from white ITY knit so there wouldn't be anything showing through to the outside. I used bias tape to finish the neckline and armhole seams. French seams were used for all vertical seams and shoulders.
This shot is at the CB hem. I used my twin needle to get a neat doubled stitch line.
This was a fun and simple project and I had zero fit issues. Oh, forgot to mention this is a Palmer/Pletsch "Perfect Knit Dress" pattern and has extensive directions for full bust, high round back, very round back, broad/narrow back, sway/flat back and full arm alterations. This is my second time using one of these types of patterns, and I think it went much better than the first time.