Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Mood Sewing Network

Whew! I am back from vacation and have a TON of unpacking to do. I'm planning to post some beach pictures as soon as they get uploaded to the computer. Also, there's one dress near completion and one already done that I need to get pictures of. But first...

(click the one on the right sidebar)
I was out of town for the big reveal, so most of you are probably already aware of the new Mood Sewing Network. If not, here it is in a nutshell:

- Nine bloggers were asked to participate, representing a broad range of experience levels and points of views. Mood has plans to add to that number over the course of time, so if this sounds like something you would really like to do, there will still be the opportunity to do so. (This will be happening in the future; I have no more information about how to go about joining.)

- I get a modest allowance for fabrics on the first of every month. I pick out my own fabrics and choose my own projects.

- Wadders are allowed as they are par for the sewing course.

- I am not paid any money.

The MSN is a fun way for Mood to get people excited about their fabrics and about fashion sewing in general. I am honored to have been picked and am excited about all the beautiful fabrics I'll be sewing with in the months to come.

15 comments:

  1. Congrats Amanda!!!! You are well deserving of being chosen! Can't wait to see all of the beautiful things you sew in the future:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing what you sew will definitely help me visualize fabrics that I can't touch in person.
    This might be bad for my pocketbook :) but good for my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I meant to say congratulations, too.
    I love your blog and your creations are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so glad to see that you were one of the chosen bloggers! You make so many things that I can see myself sewing and wearing. Cannot wait for your first project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, I'm glad to see that you are one of the bloggers selected! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm and huge fan of your blog, and I'm thrilled you have been chosen for this opportunity. I live close to Mood in NYC and get there often. I look forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to seeing all the pretty clothes you will sew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you will move to a lighter blog format with this new venture ...i can barely read your blog with the blac background!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ps...i do love your blog and sewing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is a well-deserved honor. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Will be looking forward to even more of your fabulous creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray for you! Sounds like fun. Looking forward to seeing your new outfits and the fabric you choose for them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goody, new fabric! Oh woe, new deadlines to meet! Congratulations, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, that is wonderful news! I look forward to seeing your future projects :)
    btw, the Chado Ralph Rucci pattern Vogue 1115 is listed as oop but is still available on the club bmv website.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!! I love your blog and your little daughter is the cutest ever! I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger award. The original link is here: http://amityoriginals.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-award.html

    ReplyDelete