Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beach bum

Wonder where I've disappeared to lately? We are vacationing this week at a beach southwest of Galveston called Surfside.

Here I am catching up on some light reading from the balcony of our rented beach house.

I have several posts I need to write, including the reveal of my involvement in the Mood Sewing Network that you've probably already heard about, and a dress I finished up last week but was too busy packing to snap any pictures of. I'm not computer savvy enough to be able to accomplish those tasks so far from my home computer, so you'll have to wait for next week for the information. Have a great rest of the week, y'all!

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break! How nice being so close to the beach! Lucky you... I have a week off uni next week so there will be some beach in my future too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break- it sounds like a lovely place to be. Have just had a 2 week break from work myself - but holidayed at home. It was still nice not having to rush off early every morning.
    Congrats on the Mood Fabrics blogging. I'm looking forward to reading about and seeing the 9 creations monthly. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great holiday! It looks fabulous and very relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being part of the Mood Sewing Network and have a great break too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your vacation! The view looks perfect:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the vacation! I was glad to see that you were included in the Mood Network group! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda,
    Sometimes I wonder how you fit it all in! Three small children, husband, blogging, sewing, life...have a fabulous vacation.

    Congrats on the Mood thing - can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lived in Angleton for a few years. Been to Surfside many times. Enjoy your vacation and Congrats on the Mood Sewing Network.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spent a sorority retreat one lovely weekend in Galveston! Love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sad for you,,,that you have to see that view, drink red wine and read sewing magazines. My sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the Mood sewing network gig! Perfect choice, I love your style and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your vacation! And, seriously, Amanda, I could not have thought of anyone more perfect to be a part of the Mood Sewing Network. Congratulations! I look forward to seeing how you meld together!

    ReplyDelete