Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New Simplicity Patterns!

There's a small batch of new patterns over at Simplicity.com, and I found a couple that I like and want to share.

This first one is 2724, and I really, really love the pink dress on the left. Some of the other styles are nice as well, and I like the way it looks like separates, but is really a dress.

This next one is 2730, and the little jacket with roses around the collar is my pick. I don't especially like the bottom of it - seems to just be hanging there without much shape. I thought I might cut it off to make a short jacket. We'll see.

That's it for now. You can expect me to be MIA for any new sewing projects for the next month. I am making the costumes for my church's Christmas musical and won't bore you with biblical robes and such.

8 comments:

  1. I don't mind. I'd love to see the Biblical costumes. It really begins to feel like Christmas. The sights, and smells and pagents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink dress! There is a Vogue sale for the next day on their site--5.99.

    Love to see the costumes! My sewing interest has gotten out and I have been recruited too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want both of those too!

    Good luck with all the costumes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the second one, and am giving serious thought to buying and using it for a shrug that is much needed for next weekend. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was doing some searching on refashioning and found THIS website: http://aajsaunders.blogspot.com/ ONLY TO FIND OUT SHE LISTS YOUR BLOG AS ONE OF HER FAVORITES ON HER HOME PAGE! too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are adorable. McCall's has a jacket pattern similar to the second pattern in your post. Both have the same shape at the bottom, but there is a little detailing on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are both super versatile patterns, I can't remember when I last bought a simplicity pattern, I'll have to take a look!

    ReplyDelete