Monday, August 25, 2008

More cheap Burda patterns

I found the rest of the Burda patterns I wanted at the other closing Jo-Ann. (These were only $1.99 as they are closing and liquidating everything.)

I think this first top is really cute. I'm planning to make the whole neck opening smaller and bring the neckline up. Also, it's going to be longer. The long sleeved version features different fabric for the sleeves and piping details. I'm not crazy about the front zipper closing. The short sleeve has flirty little sleeves and a corset detail, although I would completely close the front and not let that little flash of skin show through.

This next pattern is a simple skirt. I really like the wider waistband that sits at the waist and the buttons that close the back. No I will not be making the one with the pockets. That would make my hips look HUGE.

This suit is really interesting to me. The jacket has front and back triangular inserts and front pockets. I don't know if I like the back inserts. They really break up the flow of the fabric. That would be easy enough to omit. The skirt is flared on the bottom and cut on the bias. It would be difficult to match stripes but well worth the effort.

Okay, so this is a little teeny-bopper for my 30-year-old-self, but I think I can pull it off by making it into a skort. (Built in shorts underneath.)

That's it for my Burda picks. Not that I really needed anymore patterns, but I have a hard time passing up a bargain.

I do have a skirt to show you, but as we just got back from a long weekend at the Frio River, I've got mounds of laundry to get through and the dreaded unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment